Hutchinson/Reno County is young at heart, and has a constant increase in new arrivals as residents are having and raising their children in South Central Kansas. As they grow up, your kids will find they have a wealth of options to see to it that they develop into model citizens of this terrific community.
For more information about Child Care opportunities in our community please contact the following locations:
Childcare Information Checklist
The Hutchinson/Reno County area offers a variety of childcare facilities. Each one is unique and provides great experiences for your child, but before you select one; consider these guidelines:
- Do the caregivers seem to really like the children?
- Are the children's needs quickly met even when things get busy?
- Will the caregivers tell you what your child is doing every day?
- Are caregivers trained and experienced?
- Have they participated in early childhood development classes?
- Is the atmosphere bright and pleasant?
- Are there different areas for resting, quiet play and active play?
- Ask about their emergency plans for fire and tornado drills?
- Is there a daily balance of play time, story time, activity time and nap time?
- Are toys clean, safe and within reach of the children?
- Do you agree with the discipline practices?
- Is the program licensed or regulated?
- Are surprise visits by parents encouraged?
- Will your child be happy there?
(Source: 2001-2004 NACCRRA)
Finding the child care provider that works best for your family takes work. As you talk to providers, the most important question you must ask yourself is "Will my child receive loving and careful attention?" You may find a complete list of "Indicators for Evaluating a Child Care Provider" at Child Care Link.